Wednesday, November 3, 2010

4 days of teaching, 4 days of movie

This week has been going by pretty well, (yes I'm aware it's only wednesday morning). This week we started the "Moving West," "Manifest Destiny" mini-unit. I was actually pretty excited to start this because this is what I began my student teaching with.

During student teaching I covered Early frontier life and Native American history (1870s to today) all in one overwhelming lesson for my students. This year (as a real teacher), I have taken what I did in one day and made it into a four-day ordeal.

We started with early frontier life and manifest destiny, then we did a lesson on the clashes between frontiersmen and Native Americans, today we will be covering the Native American Wars, and we'll be wrapping up this mini-unit with a lesson Reservations today.

And, because time allows, we are going to watch "Dances with Wolves" too. So I'm pretty excited about this unit. Also I realized I was awful as a teacher when I student taught. So that's a great realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment