Sunday, March 20, 2011

TESTS!

My last unit test, the class averages were in the low 70s somewhere. The kids were really upset about their grades, and even more upset with me for the fact that I didn't scale them.

I'm in the process of grading this unit's tests right now. As of the first three classes, the averages are in the high 80s. I'm wicked proud.

What is even better is who is getting the top scores in each class. For example, in my Period C class the same guy and girl keep trading off for the best grade on tests. This time they got 2nd and 3rd and the top score came from a really quiet kid who was struggling last semester with a grade in the 70s.

In my Period D class, the girl who normally gets the best grade by far didn't even make it into the Top 5 grades (she got at 91% so don't be worried). But it just shows the rest of the class is really trying. The girl who got the 2nd highest score was also in the 70s last semester. And the best story of them all, the boy who tied for the 4th best score had a 57% average last quarter.


I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment