Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fallout Shelters

This week we have been learning about the Cold War and the nuclear arms race and all that fun stuff. For a mini-project, my students had to create their own fallout shelters to get in the mindset of a person of the 1950s in a way.

Most students have made their under their houses, or in Canada (because no one would bomb Canada) and a lot made theirs entirely out of glass in the middle of the ocean - so they can look at fish for fun.

One student begins his explanation of his fallout shelter like this:
"Deep in the heart of Chuck E. Cheese, through the depths of the ball pit, there is a door. Under the door there is a ladder to my fallout shelter. It is made out of melted balls from the ball pit because it is easy to obtain. I'd also have a window so I don't look like Edward Cullen."

He goes on to talk about his race-car bed and, "I'd live by myself so that I could get a good start on my one-man band. Also, I don't want to have to resort to cannibalism."

No comments:

Post a Comment