Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One step closer

We had our New Teachers Orientation meeting today. Pretty much a crash course in the school, they threw everything at us. Introduced us to pretty much everyone in the school.

It was good though, I learned a lot of stuff I needed to. I found out when I have lunch duty (only 2 days every two weeks, so not bad). I found out when I have parking lot duty (December, so that'll be fun, I figure I'll just throw snowballs at all the kids).

Out of the five classes I'm teaching, I'm going to be in four different classrooms. I saw the classrooms today, not bad. So I'm actually getting pretty excited for the school year. Finished up writing each class's syllabus this afternoon. Haven't really started fully planning yet, but I still have time. I just want to have at least the first week all planned out before the school year starts. I already know that I'm assigning a 4 page essay on the first day, so that's exciting.

Also, my heart monitor only went off 14 times today during the teachers' meeting. We've been taking bets as to how many times it's going to go off now, my heart has turned into a game. We'll see how many times it goes off tomorrow during the "Teach don't Touch" seminar. fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment