Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I don't understand what they're talking about"... "it's ok, we don't need it"

Today was the first full faculty day. I got more aquatinted with the school, got to see all my different classrooms, all 5. Got to meet more of the faculty and the administration. Then we sat through an hour long presentation on the new retirement plan for the school staff. As a member of this program we aren't eligible for retirement because we don't get a salary from the school, we get a stipend. So it was absolutely pointless for us to hear it, but we had to. It was BORING and extremely confusing, but the confusing matter didn't make a difference because it didn't matter what the hell they were saying because it had no bearing on me (self-centered I know, but whatever).

So for the rest of the day I finished my syllabi, finished the quiz I'm giving on my syllabi, finished writing out the essay assignment I'm giving on the first day, filled out my grade book, and finished up all my seating charts.

I'm starting to feel like I'm really a part of this faculty, it weird. But about time (school starts tomorrow). Oh, and my heart monitor went off 12 times today (two of which were during mass)

No comments:

Post a Comment