Monday, October 17, 2011

Pre-Assessment

For our next chapter (Reconstruction) I gave my students an online survey-ish quiz to find out what they already know about this point in US History.

I assigned it this morning, so the responses have been coming in slowly up to now, but I figured I could share a few of the gems with you.

QUESTION: What ended Reconstruction?
  • Re-Reconstruction 
  • Me
  • The builders were done
  • Construction
  • 50 Cent
  • WWI
ANSWER: Compromise of 1877

QUESTION: What is the famous line from Plessy v. Ferguson?
  • It's on
  • Never Lie
  • Four score and seven years ago
  • I love you, you love me, we're a happy family
  • Let them eat cake
  • To infinity and beyond
  • Play. Laugh. Grow.
  • To be or not to be
  • I. Don't. Know.
  • In any war, there are calms between the storms. There will be days when we lose faith. Days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come when we forsake this planet and its people. For I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to the universe: We are here. We are home.
  • Give me liberty or give me death
  • Just Dance
  • If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much
ANSWER: Separate but equal

QUESTION: What are Jim Crow Laws?

  • Laws that disallowed Jim to own crows?
  • They kill crows

ANSWER: System that established segregation and black codes

QUESTION: Who was the first president to die in office?
  • The 17th one
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  • Ronald Reagan
  • JFK
ANSWER: William Henry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment