Thursday, September 2, 2010

0 Days on the Job without an Error

So today .... yeah.

Yesterday was the first day of student orientation. Yesterday was for seniors and freshmen and today was for juniors and sophomores. Last week I told the principal and vice principal that I had a cardiologist appointment in Boston on Wednesday. They told me it was fine for me to leave around 930 on wednesday morning. I only had Junior history classes anyway.

So yesterday, I went up to the principal's administrative assistant and told her that I was leaving. She told me I was all set and I went on my way. My doctor's appoint went fine, but that's beside the point.

I got to school today and found a note from the principal in my mailbox. Apparently one of my junior history classes has 6 seniors in it. There was no way for me to know, but it technically wasn't my fault but yup ... way to mess up on the first day. The principal was understanding, he knew that it was a miscommunication on all sides so he couldn't hold it against me.

But I met all (except the 6) students today. It went really well. I was wicked nervous before the day but now I'm so excited for the year. I told the kids how I have high expectations of them, basically went over my classroom expectations, and gave them a little info about me. All if not most of the students were positive, attentive, and a little enthusiastic.

This is going to be a good year. They don't see it coming but on the first real day of school they're getting assigned a 3 page essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment