Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Midterms!

As a teacher, midterms are the greatest thing ever. Sure it was a pain to create them, and it will be a pain to grade them. BUT, the week dedicated to taking them is amazing. All we, as teachers, have to do is come in for a week of half days and proctor exams. No teaching, no lesson planning, nice and easy.

As a student midterms are a pain. Also a pain for students: Scantron sheets! However, for teachers, those seemingly endless lists of bubbles is the greatest invention ever. I have yet to actually send my scantron sheets through the machine, but honestly within minutes stacks of exams are graded for you. Amazing!

But yes, midterms are going on this week. Next week I have the first two days off from school. Back in September I was asked to be a chaperone on a three day overnight field trip to DC. So that will be fun, tiring, probably stressful, but mostly fun.

We'll see. I will update about how well or poorly my students do on the midterm. Hopefully good.

No comments:

Post a Comment