Friday, September 10, 2010

All Grow'ed Up

So I pretty much absolutely love my school and teaching in general.

Today was a great day. All my classes went really well, I have another class of names down. I'm starting to develop some really good connections with my students. The classrooms (although only day 4) seem like they've been together for weeks now. Everything is just going really well.

Tonight we went to the freshman football game and saw some students, I felt like an adult but not entirely like a teacher. It was still a good feeling. Later on tonight we went to the varsity football game against our school's biggest rival. For some reason, walking into the stadium I felt like such a teacher. Students were saying hi, (and I knew their names too). It was just a great feeling.

I feel as though I'm really settling into the place and I'm starting to get a glimpse of why so many of the teachers here have stuck around for so long and continue to dedicate themselves to these kids and the school community as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment