Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 1

Today was the first real day of school. All in all it went by smoothly. Out of the 7 periods today, I taught in 4 of them. I got to meet me students and got to know them a little bit better. I already have a lot of the names down already.

In my classes today, I went over my syllabus, went over the seating chart, and gave them their first assignment (a 3 page essay). Then I gave all the students index cards and they had to write some information about themselves down for me: name, the name they go by, birthday, extracurriculars, expectation for the class, and a fun fact

All of my classes had a little bit of a difficult time figuring out a "fun fact" but after a little bit of explaining, I got some pretty interesting answers:
  • I can dislocate my left shoulder
  • I dislike when people chew loudly
  • I'm second in the state for golf
  • I once swallowed a bingo chip
  • I have a metal pelvis
  • I met David Hasslehoff
  • I met the Pope
  • I want to be a clown
  • I'm named after Lawrence Taylor
  • I'm super-duper social
  • I eat marshmallows with almost everything
  • I love Canada
  • I crashed by F-150 into a tree this weekend
  • I'm a bird watcher
  • When I listen to the radio, I'd rather seek & scan the stations than listen to just one station
  • I only have one kidney
  • My grandpa owns 200 cows
  • I'm captain and founder of the badminton club
So I think this is shaping up to becoming a good, and interesting, year


No comments:

Post a Comment