Friday, September 24, 2010

The Shire

School's been going well. Nt much to report. Today all my students have their first quiz. They're all freaking out but it is pretty easy and straight-forward. I in no way aim to confuse them.

But yesterday we spent the day playing a review game to go over everything and calm their anxieties about the quiz. Somehow one of the classes became incredibly interested in how tall I was and started making jokes.

One girl kept asking exactly how tall I was and insisted she was taller (I knew she was but I wasn't going to admit to it). Then she came up to the front of the room, stood next to me and laughed. Then a football player came up to the front of the room (he was a foot taller than me) and everyone laughed. I hear one girl say "he's such a cute little person" and I called her out on it. And then I heard people talking about the Shire. So yeah, yesterday was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment