Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Debate!

Debates today in three of my classes. Overall, they went really well. In my first class, things got heated. Kids were yelling back and forth, throwing around statistics to aid their arguments, and bashing each others' argument at the same time. I had to force them to take a breather at least three times just to calm everyone down.

My next class went well too. Low key, but the major points were there. In my third class, kids started to get heated again but the surprising part was that the loudest kids in the debate were the kids who hardly ever spoke in class to this point.

Fourth period we played a review game where the students had to guess important people/events/places from our Native Americans chapter by only being able to give three words worth of clues. The best was one kid who for George Custer just yelled, "Horse-Wall!" and for Sitting Bull he said "Perching Bovine." Whatever gets the right answer I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment