Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wall o' Horses

Today we learned about the Battle of Little Bighorn and went over Custer and everything like that. One of the weirdest aspects of the battle happened towards the end when Custer was grasping at straws in order to defend himself. Having nothing for protection to use as cover, Custer actually ordered his men to shoot their horses and make a wall to hide themselves. I tried to get across to my students how ridiculous of an idea this was and I think it worked. In any case, one of my classes just kept referring to "horse wall" throughout the rest of the class.

At lunch, a science teacher came up to me and asked how my day was going (seemingly out of nowhere) I said it was fine, but she continued "some of my students couldn't help but talk about your class during mine. Something about a wall of horses? I don't know what they has to do with marine biology but they thought it was essential to share with the rest of the class."

Oh horse wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment