Monday, November 7, 2011

Random Assortment of Stories

 “I kind of just grabbed it and it was in my hand, so I just went back to my seat” – Student in the cafeteria

I started to overhear two students talking about how weird it is to go to a Catholic school. One girl said this high school is the first Catholic school she’s gone to and the guy with her started to say that he’s not even Catholic; he was Protestant and didn’t understand the “rituals” involved with Mass.
GIRL: “do you still receive the Eucharist at Mass?”
BOY: “I don’t wanna look unclean by not going up.”
GIRL: “seriously, what do you do?”
BOY: “the first time I went up, I just kind of give them a head nod and grabbed it, I didn’t know you had to do all this weird stuff [does the sign of the cross].”
GIRL: “did you say Amen?”
BOY: “no, I kind of just grabbed it and it was in my hand, so I just went back to my seat. Then it got really awkward, people started to ask me, ‘why do you still have the body of Christ in your hands?’ and then a teacher yelled at me. I didn’t know what I was doing.”

Also today I had two guys point to their crotches while talking to me. Why? I don’t know either.
GUY 1: “so I got poison oak this weekend, all over. On my face, on my arms, and … [points to his crotch and makes an awkward expression]”
GUY 2: talking about a girl on an opposing volleyball team, “yeah she was really good at volleyball, she could jump high and everything but she hit me in the crotch [points] right when I walked in after she spiked the ball over the net so I didn’t like her.”
High school kids are great.

This morning, I had a girl from one of my classes run up to me in the hallway, “Chad [a classmate] got in a car accident!” she then proceeded to keep walking by, I asked if he was ok, “oh yeah, he’s fine. Whatever.” She was obviously concerned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment