Sunday, November 13, 2011

Skype Chat recap

My plan was to skype with my friend's 6th grade class from a reservation in South Dakota. Using SMART notebook, thank you school for downloading it onto my computer, I was going to record the chat and show it to my other 4 classes that didn't get to be part of it in the first place. Well, to cut the story short - at the end of the chat I went to hit save and my computer decided "delete" was a better option. So there is no copy of the skype chat out there - sorry other classes of kids.

In any case, the chat itself went well. You had my 22 juniors and my friend's 8 sixth graders, but it went well enough. Right when the skype chat turned on, you could hear her kids yell, "wait, why are they all white?" Awkward.

The questions both sides were asking were pretty good. Basic ones like "what do you do in your spare time?" "how far away from your school do you live?" and "what's your family like?" were able to provide a lot of info about both sides.

There was one kid in my friend class that would answer every question by first saying "shiiiiiiiiit" like he was wicked cool. My kids kept turning back and looking at me, "did he just swear? I think he just did it again ... Wow, this kid just won't stop ... This is hilarious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment